Dr. Megan grew up fascinated with nature and the science of how things work. A weird combination of being a true science nerd, a people person, and a chronically sick child, all played a part in what inspired her to enroll in the premed program at University of Delaware. She wanted to delve further into what makes us tick and help people while doing it. She graduated magna cum laude with an Honors degree in Biological Sciences and a minor in Spanish. Before graduating however, Dr. Megan had determined that Western allopathic medicine was not the path she wanted to pursue to help people. Through her own health challenges and generally inquisitive nature, she realized that there was a bigger picture. She felt the popular medical model was not addressing patient’s concerns at their core or the source of the dysfunction, and that it was tainted by poor philosophy, money, and a broken healthcare system. It was no coincidence that in one of the most technologically advanced countries in the world with the latest technologies available to us, we had the most medicated and unhealthy populations in the world. She started searching for something that would allow her to help people find the root cause of their disease in a pure and profound way.
Luckily, it was suggested she look into chiropractic. Her initial research brought her to the philosophy of chiropractic. She considered it a revelation, as she read about the vitalistic foundation of chiropractic that asserts there is an innate intelligence that flows within us, that animates us, coordinates our every function, and heals us from within. This was where all the reductionist scientific study she had done fit into the big picture! How simple. There is a great healing force within us, wiser than our thinking brains, and she wanted to help people tap into that.
Dr. Megan gets to see this innate intelligence doing it’s healing work everyday as she helps her patients. Through personalized chiropractic care, Dr. Megan treats each and every patient with the love and care she would her own friends and family. All treatments and recommendations are based on your goals, her expertise, and her strong desire to empower individuals to live to their best potential.
- Honors BA in Biological Sciences with a minor in Spanish from the University of Delaware, graduated with magna cum laude honors.
- Doctor of Chiropractic from Life Chiropractic College West in the San Francisco Bay area, graduated with magna cum laude honors.
- Studied with many master chiropractors, and learned various gentle chiropractic techniques and Reiki to broaden the population she could serve.
- Well versed in diversified full spine and extremity adjusting, Sacro-Occipital Technique (SOT), SOT cranial, Activator, Logan, and Thompson Drop chiropractic techniques.
- Uses BioGeometric Integration (BGI) and applies its principles of sacred geometry with breathwork, movement, and massage.
- Completed advanced training in pediatric and pregnancy care with the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association (ICPA) and is Webster technique certified.
- Member of the ICPA and New York Chiropractic Council.
- Ran and grew successful practices in both Manhattan and Santiago, Chile, and built a strong network of chiropractors who demanded her coverage services in all five boroughs of New York City.
- Continues to advance her studies in mind body healing, functional medicine, neurology, spirituality, nutrition, pediatrics, birth, and pregnancy.
- Regularly donates her skills through international chiropractic mission trips and volunteering at a Manhattan soup kitchen.
- Se habla español.
- Certified by the National Board of Chiropractic Examiners and holds chiropractic licenses in both California and New York.